Once a date table is creted from SSAS (right click on the dimentions and selecting the appropriate options) the same talbe can be used multiple times. This same date table can be used to create different date dimensions.
Archive for the ‘SSAS’ Category
1) Build a SSIS package and use “Analysis Service Processing Task” control to identify the cube to process.
2) Copy this package to the Server and create a job to run this package
3) In the script run the job. e.g. “EXEC MSDB..SP_Start_Job NameOfTheJob
- Create a group in Windows say ‘CubeGroup’
- Create as many Windows users and passwords as needed and add them to the group above
- Create a role in SSAS cube then add ‘CubeGroup there
1) Generate the script (Using Deploy wizard)
2) Copy the XMLA file to the prod env
3) Open and run the script in SSMS
4) Goto the “Data Source” and establish the connection string again
5) Process the cube
6) Create a role and add Windows users/groups there (optional step)
If same errors keeps rising after resolving/modifications (to the dimentions or cubes), try:
restarting the applicaton if using the BIDS browser
deleting the object and recreating it again.